Tag: 夜上海论坛UO

Historical record at Split Airport

first_imgThis September, Split Airport broke all records in the number of passengers, so it recorded two million passengers at the end of August, a month earlier than last year.With more than a hundred flights a day during the season, Split Airport is connected directly with as many as 60 airlines, which connect the capital of Dalmatia with 105 destinations around the world. Split Airport has had an increase in the number of passengers every year for the past five years. Their number rose from 1,6 million in 2013 to last year’s record of 2,3 million. According to the announcements of an excellent post-season, 2,5 million passengers are expected to land in Split by the end of this year.Low cost carriers are the most important group in Split, bringing as many as half of passengers to Resnik. According to previous announcements by airlines, the growth trend of traffic and passengers, as well as aircraft, continues in the off-season. The number of passengers has doubled in the last ten years, although the practice is to double the traffic at airports over 15 years, which is another proof of the exceptional success of this domestic airport. Works on the reconstruction and extension of the passenger terminal, which is being expanded by an additional 35 thousand square meters, for which the Airport has provided its own funds, should be completed by the 2018 season.Volotea will fly Split – PalermoSpanish low-cost airline Volotea has announced its 2018 summer flight schedule. In the summer flight schedule for 2018 with flights to Venice and the French cities of Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux and Nantes, the novelty is the line Split – Palermo in Sicily, which from June 27, 2018 departs once a week on Wednesdays. A smaller Boeing 717-200 aircraft will fly on this route. This year’s lines from Venice to Split will receive one additional flight per week compared to 2017.last_img read more

Clippers’ Austin Rivers out tonight with ‘mild concussion’

first_imgWhile Rivers stayed on the ground, sprawled out on his back, Jordan faked chest compressions on Rivers – a callback to Paul doing the same thing after Paul Pierce missed a dunk earlier this season.Once Rivers headed to the bench, he passed the team’s tests, Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. However, while sitting down near the end of the third quarter, he wrapped his head in a towel and, later, literally tried to shake things off.He then went back in the game in the fourth quarter.“That blow, obviously had a delayed effect. He passed all the tests,” Doc Rivers said. “And, right when he went on the floor, you knew something wasn’t wrong. When I saw him grab his head because of the noise, you knew something was going on.”Austin Rivers played less than a minute in the fourth before being helped off the court for what the team called an “evaluation.” He was diagnosed with what the team called a “mild concussion.”By suffering a concussion, Rivers now enters the league’s concussion protocol, something the NBA adopted in 2011.Earlier that season, Paul was stretchered off the court after suffering a concussion in a game between the New Orleans Hornets and the Cleveland Cavaliers. While Paul was on the ground, announcers for that game assumed Paul was trying to sneak extra rest.Again, one of the biggest challenges with concussion policy is that it must be flexible because of the variance in the injury.“Understanding that concussions are diverse injuries that may have significant long-term consequences, the NBA Concussion Policy is designed to maximize the health and safety of NBA players by providing a framework of education and clinical management that best reflects the current scientific understanding of the injury,” the NBA’s policy reads.Boston’s Al Horford missed nine games with a “mild” concussion earlier this season. The Lakers’ Larry Nance Jr. missed just one game with a concussion in early November.According to the NBA, “if a player is suspected of having a concussion, or exhibits the signs or symptoms of concussion, he will be removed from participation by either a team physician or the player’s team athletic trainer and undergo evaluation in a quiet, distraction-free environment conducive to conducting a neurological evaluation.”The league’s concussion policy, which emphasizes education to players, coaches and medical staff, also provides strict guidelines for a player’s return once they enter the protocol.Before Rivers can return to action, he must be symptom free and pass through a graduated set of physical tests – riding a stationary bike, jogging, agility drills and non-contact team drills. He must be cleared by a physician and have his case discussed with the head of the NBA’s concussion program.As Paul remembered the night he was stretchered out, he mentioned the blow he took Saturday night as well.The difference between the two?“You don’t know until it hits you,” he said. LOS ANGELES >> As Chris Paul walked out of the interview room after scoring 20 points and handing out 20 assists without committing a single turnover – something that’s never been done since those statistics have been tabulated – he pointed to the souvenir he was taking home.Behind his right ear, a lump had already formed, the result of a collision with a man a foot taller and 80-pounds heavier.Paul was lucky that it was a visible bump and not a more serious, hidden problem – the kind of internal injury that doctors and scientists are still trying to understand.Austin Rivers wasn’t as lucky. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img The Clippers guard got struck with an inadvertent elbow from New Orleans’ Terrance Jones, sending him down to the court.As his teammates gathered around and tried to help him up, Rivers kept his arms over his face, forcing the Clippers to take a timeout.“It’s always tough, scary,” DeAndre Jordan said. “I was just happy that he was able to get up and walk out on his own two feet.”Rivers was eventually diagnosed with a concussion. At a minimum, he won’t play for the Clippers on Monday night.Before that conclusion was reached, though, a number of things illustrating the challenges of dealing with internal injuries occurred.last_img read more

Boston Bruins interested in signing Ilya Kovalchuk, report says

first_imgMORE: Sporting News’ NHL All-Decade team for the 2010sEronko had previously reported that Kovalchuk wished to remain in the NHL after his exit from the Kings organization. The Bruins (21-7-6, 48 points) match the Russian forward’s reported desire to play for a contender — they sit tied for the second-most points in the entire league through Dec. 16 and own the NHL’s top goal differential (plus-29). Ilya Kovalchuk is an unrestricted free agent again after the Los Angeles Kings terminated his contract on Monday, but he might not be finished in the NHL just yet.Russian sports journalist Igor Eronko reported on Tuesday that Kovalchuk, 36, remains interested in signing with a Stanley Cup contender — even if he has to sign at the league-minimum salary ($700,000) for the rest of this season. One potentially interested party, according to Eronko? The Boston Bruins. The Bruins have long searched for the perfect skater to play right wing next to center David Krejci, who has seen a revolving door of forwards playing alongside him and left wing Jake DeBrusk. Kovalchuk, a natural left winger, doesn’t quite fit that description seamlessly, but his reported willingness to take a league-minimum contract makes him an appealing free-agent pickup for Boston general manager Don Sweeney.The Bruins only have about $1.79 million in salary cap space to play with, according to CapFriendly. Kovalchuk likely would have been difficult to acquire in a trade before his contract was terminated due to its length and high pricetag, but would prove only a low-stakes gamble on a league-minimum deal.The longtime NHL scorer totaled nine points (three goals, six assists) in 17 games with the Kings before the club reportedly told him he would no longer play in games in November.last_img read more

Southland Announces 2018 Preseason All-Conference Soccer Teams

first_img MF Taylor Pritchard Sam Houston State Jr. Helotes, Texas GK Alanis Guevara Houston Baptist Sr. Cedar Park, Texas F Carlota Suarez Crespo* Sam Houston State Jr. Madrid, Spain Pos. Name School Class Hometown D Michelle Mulrooney Abilene Christian Jr. Lodi, Calif. Returning players from the 2017 All-Conference First and Second teams are automatically named to the 2018 Preseason All-Conference teams at their same positions. Second team players are elevated to first team if the first team slot is vacated by a non-returning player at their same position. Vacant positions are nominated and voted upon by the conference’s head coaches. Voting for one’s own player is not permitted. Pos. Name School Class Hometown FRISCO, Texas – The Southland Conference announced the 2018 Soccer Preseason All-Conference Teams on Wednesday. Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist and Lamar University lead the way with four total selections each. Preseason All-Conference First Team GK Emma Roccaforte* McNeese So. Nederland, Texas MF Juli Ocampo Lamar Sr. Bogotá, Colombia MF Christina Arteaga* Abilene Christian So. Pflugerville, Texas Preseason All-Conference Second Team AL Lucy Ashworth* Lamar So. Wigan, England D Amelia Fullmer* Lamar Sr. Pleasant Grove, Utah MF Nola Prickett* McNeese Sr. Hemet, Calif. AL Megan Rickert Houston Baptist So. Round Rock, Texas D Carly English Sam Houston State Sr. Red Oak, Texas F Brittany Caserma* Northwestern State Sr. Murrieta, Calif. The 2018 season gets underway Thursday, Aug. 16, when Sam Houston State hosts Utah at 6:30 p.m. CT and Abilene Christian faces Baylor on the road at 7 p.m. Lamar is set to host the 2018 Southland Conference Soccer Tournament, taking place from Oct. 31 to Nov. 4, at the LU Soccer Complex in Beaumont, Texas. MF Sophia Fondren Stephen F. Austin So. Frisco, Texas D Carli Arthurs Stephen F. Austin Jr. Lewisville, Texas F Autumn Wildung* Houston Baptist Sr. Cedar Park, Texas D Kristen Ricks Central Arkansas Sr. Keller, Texas McNeese earned two automatic first team spots in senior midfielder Nola Prickett and sophomore goalkeeper Emma Roccaforte. Roccaforte was named Goalkeeper of the Year as a freshman last season. Houston Baptist senior defender Baylii Bieke is an automatic first team honoree while Central Arkansas senior defender Kristen Ricks was voted to the top team. Sam Houston State junior Carlota Suarez Crespo rounds out the first team, an automatic selection at forward. F Dylan Owens* Abilene Christian Sr. Willard, Mo. F Kelso Peskin* Lamar Sr. Cape Town, South Africa MF Shay Johnson Abilene Christian Jr. Coppell, Texas D Baylii Bieke* Houston Baptist Sr. Little Elm, Texas ACU and Lamar each earned three spots on the first team. The Wildcats have two automatic first team selections in returning all-conference players Dylan Owens, a senior forward, and sophomore midfielder Christina Arteaga. Junior midfielder Shay Johnson was voted to her first team spot. The Cardinals earned three automatic first team selections in senior defender Amelia Fullmer, senior forward Kelso Peskin and sophomore forward Lucy Ashworth. Sam Houston State garnered three spots on the preseason all-conference teams while Central Arkansas, McNeese and Stephen F. Austin each collected a pair of honorees. Northwestern State earned a lone spot on the second team. F Camille Bassett Central Arkansas Sr. Vista, Calif. * Automatic selection – Returning 2017 all-conference memberlast_img read more

How an accident has change the life of a Goed Fortuin family

first_imgAlmost one month after he was stuck down on the Goed Fortuin Public Road, 43-year-old amputee Wazir Ali is still hospitalised and his wife Gaitree Ali is finding it difficult to cope with the expenses of tending to him.On May 29, Wazir Ali of Industry, East Coast Demerara (ECD) was standing on the roadway when he, alongWazir Ali on his cot in the hospitalwith a 14-year-old boy, was struck by a motorcar bearing registration plates PTT 1343 and driven by Donald Downer. The driver had claimed that he lost control of the car and slammed into teenager, and then Ali before smashing into a parked motorcar bearing registration plates PLL 7857.Ali recalled the day of the dreadful incident, telling Guyana Times that he was visiting his two children at Goed Fortuin when the accident occurred. “I was at Goed Fortuin main road… opposite a place… a tire shop. A guy pull up in a black car and ask me fuh space fuh par. He went back into his car and pull into the shop. I saw two kids standing on the road and this car pass next to them so I holler on them. When I holler on them… I mek a left turn. When I swing to my left, all I hear is ‘badang!’ and that’s all I know. I wake up in the hospital,” he related.He received severe injuries to his head, arms and legs, and due to the severity of the injuries to his left leg, it had to be amputated. He expressed his frustration with being hospitalised as he cannot support his children from a cot. “This gon mek three weeks since I in the hospital. I lost my leg, and it ain’t even heal yet. It ain’t easy… it ain’t easy,” he stated, adding that his children are minors who attend school. He related that the driver is yet to visit him or offer compensation. “I don’t know the name of the driver or nothing, I never see him on to a day like today,” he explained.Meanwhile, Ali’s wife voiced her frustrations, telling this publication that it has been a gruelling and financially difficult period since her husband was hospitalised. “It’s been stressful cause it’s 25 days he’s been in here and every day I got to come in the morning, during lunch and in the afternoon. For the past two weeks my work place has been flexing with me but I have to work so I won’t be able to make it lunch time. And it’s difficult because every day I have to take a taxi. And the person that hit [him] never came to check on him or offer any sort of compensation or assistance… nothing at all,” the woman explained. The injured man’s wife further explained that her husband has to undergo another surgery on his leg.She related that while the driver was charged, he is currently on bail and the court case is being impeded as Ali cannot make an appearance.“The story is in court. I went two times but it’s calling and put off because he is in the hospital,” she stated.The woman said that this accident has changed the family’s life completely. She added that she is now the breadwinner of the family as her husband lies helpless in the hospitallast_img read more