Tag: 上海ylmap娱乐地图

RMLD Launches New MobileFriendly Website

first_imgREADING, MA — Reading Municipal Light Department (RMLD) is pleased to announce the launch of its new mobile-friendly website. The site, which went live on June 1, 2018, also offers improved navigation and search functionality, and is intended to provide customers a more user-friendly online experience. RMLD’s web address remains www.rmld.com.RMLD’s website contains information on RMLD programs and events, energy efficiency tips, and allows customers to pay their electric bill, report an outage, sign up for service, and more.To further improve operating efficiency and customer communication, RMLD is implementing an Outage Management System (OMS) within the next few months. Once implemented, customers will be able to access an outage map through RMLD.com to get real time information and updates on area outages. A customer notification system that sends specific outage information to affected areas via multiple channels such as phone, text, and email is also being evaluated and is expected to be implemented within the next two years.(NOTE: The above press release is from RMLD.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSAVE THE DATE: RMLD To Hold Family-Friendly Open House On October 10In “Community”RMLD Cuts Ribbon For New Battery Energy Storage SystemIn “Government”RMLD Invites Customers To Attend Free Electric Car Show In Wilmington On September 15In “Community”last_img read more

2 killed as gunman takes hostages in France

first_imgPolice are seen at the scene of a hostage situation in a supermarket in Trebes, Aude, France 23 March, 2018 in this picture obtained from a social media video. Photo: ReutersAt least two people were killed after a gunman claiming allegiance to the Islamic State group opened fire and took hostages at a supermarket in southwest France on Friday.A security source said the two were killed in the attack at a Super U store in the town of Trebes.Armed police were also responding to the earlier shooting of a policeman in the town of Carcassonne, 15 minutes drive away, which took place at around 11 am (1000 GMT).It was unclear if the two incidents were linked.In Trebes, a picturesque medieval town of around 5,000 people, the man “entered the Super U supermarket at around 11.15 am and shots were heard,” a source told AFP on condition of anonymity.A witness reported he shouted “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) before going into the premises, the source added.- Site off-limits -The gunman claimed allegiance to the Islamic State group, the local prosecutor’s office said, and the incident was being treated as a terror attack.Local authorities tweeted that the area around the supermarket was off-limits to the public, while Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said it was a “serious” incident.The shootings come with France still on high alert after a string of jihadist attacks since 2015, starting in January that year with the assault on satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo that left 12 people dead.France also suffered major attacks in Paris in November 2015 when IS jihadists killed 130 people in bombings and shootings at bars, restaurants, the Bataclan concert venue and the national stadium.In July 2016, in another attack claimed by IS, a man drove a truck through revellers celebrating Bastille Day in the Riviera resort of Nice, killing 84 people.A state of emergency put in place just after the Paris attacks was finally lifted in October last year, but soldiers continue to patrol major tourist sites and transport hubs under an anti-terror mission.If the link to Islamic State is confirmed, the hostage-taking would be the first deadly attack in France since October, when two young women were stabbed to death outside Marseille’s main train station.Interior Minister Gerard Collomb was heading to the scene, he wrote on Twitter.The area of southwest France where Friday’s shootings took place has been scarred by Islamic extremism before.In 2012, Mohamed Merah shot dead seven people including three Jewish schoolchildren in the nearby city of Toulouse.last_img read more

VoterRegistration Snafu Sows Confusion in Maryland Primary

first_imgBy The Associated PressA major voter-registration snafu was sowing confusion in an important primary June 26 as officials prepared for as many as 80,000 voters to cast provisional ballots that won’t be counted until next week.State officials were still assessing the fallout from a computer error at the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.Former NAACP President Ben Jealous and Prince George’s County Executive Rushern Baker lead a crowded Democratic gubernatorial primary field to win a nomination to face popular Republican Gov. Larry Hogan in the fall. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)The problem relates to changes voters made in address and party affiliation on the administration’s website or self-service kiosks, information that failed to be sent to the state elections board.“As far as we know it was a failure of MVA to transfer data to us. That is what they are telling us,” said Nikki Charlson, the state elections deputy administrator. “They told us it was a computer-programming error that failed to transfer that subset of data.”She added that elections officials had not heard of any problems relating to the programing error during the first several hours of voting on Tuesday.“We haven’t heard of any great push for provisionals today,” Charlson said.The error comes in a big election year for Maryland. Voters were choosing candidates for all 188 state legislative seats in Tuesday’s primary, as well as the Democratic nominee for governor in a crowded primary. Polls have shown it to be a close contest between former NAACP President Ben Jealous and Prince George’s County Executive Rushern Baker. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan is unchallenged in the GOP primary.“Our administration is obviously incredibly disappointed that this happened,” said Amelia Chasse, Hogan’s spokeswoman. “What matters most is that every eligible voter will be able to vote, and every vote will be counted. The governor has directed the auditor for the Maryland Department of Transportation to conduct a comprehensive review of the situation and ordered MVA leadership to make themselves available for any legislative hearings.”The problem was discovered Friday when a state board of elections employee who changed her address realized she never received a voter notification card, said state elections administrator Linda Lamone.“And that’s why I picked up the phone and called the Motor Vehicle Administration and said, ‘What’s going on here? Why didn’t she get this notification card, and then we checked our database and it hadn’t been changed,” Lamone said Tuesday.Asked how things were going Tuesday, Lamone said, “so far so good.”State officials first said Saturday night that about 18,760 people were affected. On Sunday, state Sen. Joan Carter Conway said the Senate committee she chairs would hold a hearing. After Monday’s announcement, Conway and Del. Anne Kaiser, who chairs the House Ways and Means Committee, called for MVA Administrator Christine Nizer’s resignation.Affected voters are encouraged to verify their registration information using the state elections board’s voter look-up website. If the website doesn’t show the voter’s current address, a voter can use the board’s polling place locator to find the right voting location for the voter’s new address. Then, the voter can use the provisional voting process to cast a ballot on Tuesday.Provisional ballots won’t be counted until July 5.Lamone, the state elections administrator, said the timing was set long ago in regulations.“You need the time. You have to research every one of the provisionals,” she said.last_img read more