Tag: 上海水磨会所网

Public works programme ‘creating jobs’

first_imgBetween April 2010 and March this year the programme created 89 689 jobs across 45 municipalities covering 417 wards throughout the country. Almost 310 000 work opportunities have been created through the government’s expanded public works programme (EPWP) since April, Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini said in Cape Town on Tuesday. 31 August 2011 The programme was aimed at helping municipalities to provide waste collection services, specifically where municipalities were unable to provide the service, Dlamini said. The programme was now being rolled out in 30 municipalities in the provinces. It had so far managed to create over 3 000 job opportunities for poor and vulnerable communities. Other initiatives included the waste management programme. In terms of the programme, communities received food vouchers for collecting waste and taking it to collection depots for weighing. The public works department, in partnership with the Independent Development Trust (IDT), was implementing the food for waste programme. The programme aimed to create job opportunities, fight hunger and poverty, promote a clean environment, and promote recycling, waste reduction, and re-use.center_img Phase two refocused resources to ensure expansion of further job opportunities in other programmes, such as community safety, mass participation in sport, Khari Gude mass literacy, school nutrition programmes, and the cemetery management programme. “These measures are indicative of the proactive strategic approach the cluster has taken by investing in labour intensive programmes to boost job creation,” she said. The vouchers were then redeemed for groceries at participating local outlets. Dlamini said the recent Cabinet lekgotla had identified the community works programme as one of the key job creation and service delivery improvement programmes. “To date, more than 308 000 work opportunities have been created since the beginning of the current fiscal year, with most of the work opportunities created in the infrastructure sector,” she said. Briefing the media as chair of the social protection and community development cluster of ministries, she said “impressive progress” was being made in implementing the second phase of the EPWP. Sapalast_img read more

Anwar disapproves of Sidhu’s Muslim pitch

first_imgSenior Congress leader Tariq Anwar on Wednesday disapproved of Navjot Singh Sidhus appeal to Muslims to defeat BJP and said he would have stopped the Punjab Minister from doing so had he been present at the rally held in his Lok Sabha constituency of Katihar. “I have always held the view that votes must never be sought in the name of religion and caste. This has also been the policy of the Congress party. I do not approve of what Sidhu has uttered. I would request the party leadership to take note for suitable action,” Mr. Anwar said in a statement.Mr. Sidhu, against whom an FIR has been lodged at Katihar in Bihar for violating the model code of conduct, made the controversial statement at a rally in Barsoi police station area of the district on Monday. The matter came to light when a video footage of his utterances were beamed on TV news channels on Tuesday wherein he could be heard asking Muslims, who have a sizeable presence in Katihar, to be wary of Asaduddin Owaisis AIMIM alleging that it was being propped up by the BJP. He also urged the Muslim voters to unite in favor of the Congress candidate Tariq Anwar and drawing an analogy from cricket, remarked Modi will go for a six if you do so. “I was not present at the Barsoi rally. Had I been there, I would have immediately stood up and expressed my disapproval of the way he was canvassing for me,” Mr. Anwar clarified in his statement. The episode in Bihar came close on the heels of the Election Commission taking punitive action Yogi Adityanath and Mayawati for violating the poll code of conduct.last_img read more